Saturday, January 22, 2011

Green Onion and Corn Soup

When I normally get back from work late, and have less than half an hour at hand to whip up a healthy meal, I often think soup. I had this inviting bunch of green onions in the refrigerator. So I got together some frozen corn kernels and before I knew it, I was making this soup.

You will need:
A bunch of green onions, finely chopped.
One cup of frozen corn kernels.
Salt, pepper, and a pinch of brown sugar.
Soy Sauce.
Butter.
Finely chopped cilantro to garnish.

Saute the chopped green onions in some butter in a pan. Once wilted, add the corn kernels and saute some more. Now add 2 to 3 cups of water (adjust this amount depending on how much final liquid content you want in your soup) to the pan and bring it to a boil. Once the corn is almost cooked, add the salt, pepper, sugar, and soy sauce to taste. Cook for a few minutes.

Serve hot, garnished with Cilantro and pair it with a hearty salad and a slice of bread from the local bakery!





No comments:

Post a Comment